School is slowly, but surely approaching so I decided to do a huge Back to School Masterpost. You guys are not going back to school to get terrible grades, wear icky sweatpants, and get terrible stress. NO, I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN. You will all succeed, look HELLA cute, and have ZERO STRESS. I hope you guys enjoy this school year. Good luck.
HOW TO SUCCEED BASICALLY:
- How to become a straight A student: get high scores and study less
- How to get a high GPA
- How to not ruin your high GPA
- How to improve in math
- How to improve your memory
- How to write a basic paragraph
- How to write an essay (Harvard style)
- How to write a comparative essay (University of Toronto style)
- How to study
- How to work smarter, not harder
- How to take effecient notes
- How to learn more and study less
- How to enhance your vocabulary
- How to stay focused
LOST IN CLASS? NEED HELP? WANT SOME SCHOOL HACKS?:
- Learn anything
- Math help
- More math help
- Math help for grades 7-10 (Ontario only)
- Math problem solver
- Anything you need calculated or need information on
- Algebra help
- Balance chemical equations
- Crash Course
- **How to multiply (Math trick)
- FREE bibliography generator
HELLA CUTE SUPPLIES:
- Lily Pulitzer Agendas
- Nylon Cordura School Bag
- Mean Girls pencils
- I love Science pencils
- Twin Peaks pencils (I REALLY NEED THESE IN MY LIFE)
- Create chaos pencils
- Stabilo pens (a must have this year)
- Ink joy pens
- Five Star composition books
SUPER CUTE OUTFITS TO INSPIRE YOU:
- radiohead, green jacket, white tee, and black jeans
- black muscle tank, grey jeans, big boots, green hat
- sweaters, ripped jeans, and some real nice sunnies
- high waisted jeans, my tank top, a sweater, and a beanie
- huf socks, red jacket, red shoes, and my mums jeans
- old shoes, basbeball tee, and some pre-ripped jeans
- black jeans, nyc, and my military parka
- big cardigan, white shirt, and my light wash jeans
YOUR MENTAL HEALTH IS IMPORTANT!!:
- How to reduce stress
- How to address stress
- Anxienty self-help
- Depression help guide
- Find a psychologist
- Find a therapist
- Relax and enjoy your life
- You are in control of your grades
- 10 minute guided meditation
- Yoga for beginners
- 7 steps to sleep better
- 3 hours of relaxing music
- What helps me sleep
- Shyness and social anxiety help
HEALTHY LUNCH IDEAS:
- Tofu avocado and veggie wrap with apples
- Rosemary-Chicken Panini w/ Spinach and Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pressed Cubano with Bacon
- Chicken Caeser Wraps
- How to pack your lunch
- Creamy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowl
- Turkey and Cheese Panini
- Tomato, Arugula, and Pancetta Sandwiches
- Asian Green Bean Salad
PLAYLISTS TO LISTEN TO WHILE YOU STUDY:
MOVIES TO WATCH BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS:
- Grease (1978)
- Sixteen Candles (1984)
- The Breakfast Club (1985)
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- Heathers (1988)
- Say Anything (1989)
- The Virgin Suicides (1999)
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)
- Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
- Mean Girls (2004)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
Well guys that concludes my masterpost. I hope this helps you guys! If you have any questions or if any links aren’t working message me and I’ll fix it right away.
Here is a FC pack of the beautiful princess that is Seychelle Gabriel. Seychelle is an American actress of Mexican, French, and Italian ancestry, who is best known for her roles as Lourdes Delgado on Falling Skies, and as Asami Sato in the animated Legend of Korra series. She is too underused, and since I have a ton of gifs from playing her over time, I figured that I would share them, along with some other resources I had.
In this pack, you will find:
- 222 small/medium (mostly) HQ, textless gifs (no repeats, all usable)
- 28 icons
- 5 transparent PNGs (all made by me, so they aren’t perfect)
- 9 other pictures of her
*I do not own any of the gifs or icons in this pack. I cropped and edited a few gifs to make them more usable, but other than that, the only thing I did was collect and cut out pictures for the PNGs. If you see something that belongs to you and would like it removed, please just message me and I’d be happy to!
If you enjoy/download, please like or reblog, so that I know my work in collecting was appreciated. It inspires me to do more in the future :)
lifehappenedtome asked: Hello and thanks for your reply to my last question and your blog in general! I’ve been doing research for hours on the American educational system but most of it is so general and tells me nothing about a student’s everyday life (high school + college / uni). I don’t want to rely on what I know from literature and television, so is there any simple ‘guide’ or something?
You’re very welcome! I’m glad I was able to help. :)
As far as an American student’s daily life, I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for specifically, but I’ll take a stab at it.
Types of High School
High school students can attend a public school, charter school, private school, or parochial school. Or, they may be homeschooled.
The public school system provides buses for public schools and charter schools, so students may ride the bus to school, walk or ride their bike, be driven by a parent or friend, or drive themselves (depending on their age and if they have a driver’s license and car.)
The traditional school year lasts from August/September to May/June within a three month summer break between grades. Most schools have two extended break periods during the school year, a winter break for a week or two surrounding Christmas, and a one week break in March or April called Spring Break. Most students also get a few days off for Thanksgiving, and some get a one week break fall break in October.
Schools subject to severe weather like winter storms or hurricanes may also get weather-related days off. Sometimes, during bad winter weather, instead of a snow day, the district will call a delayed schedule, meaning that the school day will start later, usually between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. There are also random days off throughout the year for national holidays and teacher in-service days, which are planning and meeting days for teachers. Sometimes there are half-days, which can be ahead of a break or for various other reasons.
The regular school day usually begins between 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., depending on the school. Some schools have different schedules for different days throughout the week, with some days starting later or ending earlier.
An Average Day
The typical school day consists of before school, during school, and after school. Some students may arrive early or stay late for extra curricular activities like sports, clubs, tutoring, or band/theater rehearsals.
The main part of the school day is divided into periods, each of which contain a class, study time, or a lunch break. The length of these periods may vary depending on the school, and between each period is a 3-5 minute passing period to allow students to get to their next class. Some schools also have a mid-morning break between 10 - 15 minutes to allow for snacks, bathroom and locker visits, library time, or other school-related errands.
Students usually have several core classes like math, English, science, history, and a few electives like foreign language, arts and crafts, and music or theater. Lunches are usually scattered across two or three periods so that all students don’t go to lunch at the same time. Some high schools are open campus, meaning that students can leave at any time, including lunch. At closed campus schools, students need parental permission to leave, so they normally just eat lunch in the cafeteria or outside, weather permitting. Most schools have rules prohibiting lunching students from loitering in the halls and disturbing other students.
After school, some students will stay after for extracurricular activities or detention, and others will go home or to an after school job. Students usually do homework in the evening and may be expected to go to bed earlier than they would on the weekend.
Types of College
After graduating high school, a student who decides to go to college might go to one of several types of schools. Community and junior colleges are two year institutions where a student can obtain an associates degree. This can be transferred to a four year college or university if the student chooses. Others go straight to a four year college or university, and still others may go to a vocational school (or trade school) where they learn a particular trade like medical transcription, mechanics, or plumbing.
Daily Life in College
Students attending community college, junior college, or vocational school usually live at home or in an apartment with roommates. Students who attend a four year college or university usually live in a dorm for at least the first two years, at which point they may move into off-campus housing with friends.
Most students will have at least a few classes a day. They may be clumped together or scattered at different times throughout the day. Some students have full or part-time jobs in college. Those may be on campus or off. Life in a dorm or off-campus housing can be very socially oriented, with many parties and other events happening throughout the week.
Typical Day for a High School Student
A Day in an American High School (video)
180 Days: A Year Inside an American High School (documentary)
A Day in the Life of a College Student
Get Familiar With Typical Daily Life at a U.S. College
The Life Of A College Student Is Pretty Awesome, Report Reveals
Education in the United States
Gabrielle Aplin | Please don’t say you love me (piano version)
Please don’t say you love me
'Cause I might not say it back
Doesn’t mean my heart stops skipping when you look at me like that
There’s no need to worry when you see just where we’re at
Just please don’t say you love me
'Cause I might not say it back
The only review open is quick review so if you want a full one, they are currently closed. But a quick review I can do(: QUICK REVIEWS ARE NOW ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
I have not gotten to the reviews yet and I’m still not sure when. It may be this weekend as I will be going home but I’m still not sure. I will probably just put an hiatus on reviews (after I finish with the ones I have) until my break times (thanksgiving & christmas). Just thought I would let everyone know!
Character Graphic Psd - 8
- Probably works best for celebrity, fashion, or magazine/newspaper types of roleplays. Maybe even big city roleplays.
- The font used is Times New Roman.
- You can put any image in the left image (it can be a picture of the setting, etc), and even divide it up into six smaller images for a more unique and authentic magazine look.
- Don’t touch the folder that says ‘magazine look’ especially in the right image.
- This psd requires a beginner to moderate understanding of photoshop to use, but I am always willing to assist.
- Like/Reblog if you plan on using, and do not hesitate to ask me any questions when editing! I’d love to see what you do with them!
- Do not claim as your own, and credit me somewhere in your roleplay for it.